GUIDELINES OF BEHAVIOUR
Rules on Attendance and Leave
Respect for rules is the first lesson of education. Parents and pupils are expected to read and abide by the following rules:
Pupils must be punctual and regular in attendance; 90% attendance is mandatory (except in conditions beyond one’s control) failing which a pupil will be liable to detention in a class.
- Pupils are expected to arrive well before the starting time.
- The gate will be closed 10 minutes after the first bell after which pupils will not be allowed entry.
- Unfamiliar adults are not allowed to collect the pupils from RILLS until they tell the recognition number of the child and administration of RILLS receives a phone call from the parents.
- Parents/Guardians must have pupils picked up within 30 minutes of the closing time.
RILLS will not be responsible for any pupil’s safety 30 minutes after closing.
- No pupil is allowed to leave the premises of RILLS before the closing time, except in an emergency and with the written permission of the Administration.
- All pupils must dress up according to the given dress code. The dress must be clean and properly ironed.
- Parents/Guardians wishing to absent the child from RILLS for reasons other than illness should seek written permission from the administration.
- The parent/guardian must sign all applications for leave. Such leave is normally discouraged by RILLS since it is disruptive to the child’s educational program.
- In case of illness, parents/guardians must inform RILLS immediately by phone and later followed by a written application brought in by the parent/guardian or the pupil on his/her return. For an absence of more than 3 days, a doctor’s note/medical certificate must be produced.
- In case of pupils who remain absent from RILLS for more than two weeks without notice, new admission may be required
Rules on Conduct and Discipline
- All pupils and parents are expected to abide by the following rules; failure to comply with these rules may result in a fine, withdrawal or even expulsion.
- All pupils are expected to show decent conduct in accordance with our customs and traditions.
- All pupils are expected to be courteous, considerate and well behaved towards teachers, fellow pupils and custodian staff.
- No pupil is allowed to leave the classroom without the permission of his/her teacher.
Pupils must abide by the rules laid down by the administration and teachers of RILLS.
- Pupils must observe silence in the corridors.
Pupils must abstain from loitering about, wall chalking and pasting posters on any part of the building of RILLS.
- Pupils must not pluck flowers or plants in the premises of RILLS.
Pupils may use the telephone of RILLS with permission but not be in possession of a mobile phone while in the premises of RILLS.
- Smoking in the premises of RILLS is strictly prohibited.
- Mobile phones found in possession of students will be confiscated and not returned.
Offences which may result in expulsion of the student Willful damage to RILLS property
Bullying or mistreatment of juniors Unbecoming conduct Parents’/students’ misconduct with the staff of RILLS